This stew is a great way to cook up leftover braai meat from the night before. The camping breakfast of champions!
- 1 green pepper, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 300 to 400 g leftover braai meat (steak, chops and wors all work well)
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 400 g can of tomatoes
- 400 g can of baked beans
- 400 g can of butter beans
- 400 g can of corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper
Brown the onion, garlic and green pepper in the oil over medium-hot coals in a cast-iron pot. Add the braai meat and spices and stir until coated. Add the canned ingredients (tomatoes, beans and corn) along with the balsamic vinegar and sugar and cook for 25 to 30 minutes until thoroughly heated through. Season to taste and serve with garlic bread.